Here is an excerpt from the post by LARRY TOMCZAK on 12:00PM EDT 7/26/2013
Navigating the Gray Areas
From television to music to the Internet and other entertainment choices, we daily confront situations that affect our walk with Jesus and our character. As Hebrews 12:14 teaches, without holiness, no man will see the Lord.
Religion can come up with lists of dos and don’ts, but those lists don’t deal with our hearts. If we are determined to glorify God in every area of our life, may these 10 questions help us evaluate entertainment in order to walk in a manner pleasing of the Lord:
- Is it beneficial—spiritually, mentally and physically—to me as a Christian? (1 Cor. 6:12)
- Can I do it in fullness of faith? If I doubt, better do without! (Rom. 14:23)
- Will it enslave me and bring me under its power? (1 Cor. 6:12)
- Does it glorify God? (1 Cor. 10:31)
- Is it good stewardship of time and/or money? (1 Cor. 4:2)
- Will it dull my spirit and cause me to lose my edge in God? (Rom. 12:11)
- Will it grieve (sadden) the Holy Spirit? (Eph. 4:30)
- Will it edify others? Does it seek their good? (1 Cor. 10:33)
- Is it worth imitating? (1 Cor. 11:1)
- Could it cause others to stumble? (Rom. 14:21)
Sometimes evaluations are easy to make based on clear-cut Scripture teachings. Where it’s not crystal clear, may these guidelines guide us.
I don’t know about you, but I want everything God has for us as His people in these climactic hours of history. Entertainment is undoutedly eroding, but the true church of Jesus Christ is arising! As Scripture promises, it will be a glorious church before His return. We have a chance to be a part of seeing that bride radiate in all her beauty. Will you join me?
Larry Tomczak is a best-selling author and cultural commentator with over 40 years of trusted ministry experience. His passion is to bring perspective, analysis and insight from a biblical worldview. He loves people and loves awakening them to today’s cultural realities and the responses needed for the bride of Christ—His church—to become influential in all spheres of life once again.
Here is the link to the full article http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/heres-the-deal/40404-avoiding-raunchy-movies-doesn-t-make-you-legalistic[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]